Sunday, May 13, 2012

One Lucky MOM!



Today was MOTHER'S DAY !!!...and it was a such a great day :)

I DO tend to get pampered each year on Mother's Day and so I kinda can't help but to look forward to it every year :)

But, it is also so great because the week before, I think alot about both my moms: My mom and Jay's mom! They are both wonderful women and so it is more than easy to feel so much love for them and to be completely grateful for them! They love and support me and my little family so much! I wouldn't be such a strong women and mother without both of their amazing examples to me...and their care for me and my family! I love them both!

So, I also love Jeff R Holland. And, I love what he says here...



"If you try your best to be the best parent you can be, you will have done all that a human being can do and all that God expects you to do".

There are some lines attributed to Victor Hugo which read:
“She broke the bread into two fragments and gave them to her children, who ate with eagerness.
‘She hath kept none for herself,’ grumbled the sergeant.
“‘Because she is not hungry,’ said a soldier.
“‘No,’ said the sergeant, ‘because she is a mother.’”

I am such a lucky mom! I am truly and totally addicted to and in love with both my amazing kids! I am so proud of them and all that they continually accomplish! They both work so hard in their school subjects and all else that they are involved in :)






And, they love to help me celebrate my being their mother :)


I was so excited to get my first gift! It is a hand-made
journal from Trey that he made in his 4th grade
school class last week! I LOVE journals!

This is the front of the card Trey gave me :) He knew
that I had been asking for Jay to find me
an AVENGER's shirt for a gift idea for
mothers day :)

...and this is the inside of Treys card...

...and this is the back of the card!..it's all the AVENGERS! ;)


Then, this morning, the kids and Jay spoiled me with
gifts! Look at this cute AVENGERS shirt they found!
And, Jayme gifted me this foot heater/massager!


Of course Trey got me M&M's :) yum

...and of course my Trey got his mama some
pretty flowers! He has learned from his dad that a
girl loves flowers! He is a good learner!! :)...
oh, and see those cute earrings?...those would be from
my stylish Jayme! She is a good gift-giver too and knows
how to spoil her mother :)

We enjoyed hearing our primary kids sing to all the mom's
in the congregation at church and then passed each of us a
king-size kitkat candy bar ...of which I shared with the family...
because that's what mom's just do!! :) 

I love my kids so much and I love Jay too! They always make mother's day (and everyday) so wonderful for me as they let me know how much they love me! I am so blessed to have such a wonderful family!!